Integrated Divorce Services
I coined the term Integrated Divorce Services to describe a new category of professional services for separating couples. Integrated Divorce Services refers to the aspect of my practice that includes seamless teamwork with a small network of other like-minded professionals in the fields of psychology, law and finance to support children and adults through the separation/divorce transition. This could be in the form of Integrative Mediation, Collaborative Practice, the REACH team, or any other way to link our services for your benefit. The spirit of Integrated Divorce Services is an agreement among us to remain Family Focused and to commit to wrapping our services around the family to provide seamless and coordinated services efficiently and effectively.
My professional services cover the full spectrum of consultation and therapeutic services for families experiencing separation, divorce and remarriage. In addition, I work independently and in integrated ways with an informal network of trusted colleagues who are also very well established providers of legal, financial or therapeutic services. We are well versed in the types of services that each other provide and in agreement about the integrity and high level of professionalism that we bring to our work. We chose to work together in an informal network to facilitate the best possible process for our clients and to bring a high level of satisfaction and professional pride to our work.
How Do We Start?
Our first step is a general evaluation of your situation, the tasks that need to be resolved, the challenges in completing them and getting a clear idea of your values, goals and aspirations. I will provide you with the education and understanding you will need to be able to locate yourself among the many types of services and service providers. We will clarify the terms of our engagement appropriate to the level of conflict or complexity in your situation.
Together with other professionals within my network, we are in agreement that we will work to bridge our services to you and your family. We are ‘family-centric’ meaning that the family is the focus, not the professionals. We tailor our services to you and work together in coordinated ways custom fit to you and your situation. We work with families of all types; those who are working well together, those who are struggling, and those in high conflict. Your family is our focus and we bridge to you. We coordinate with each other to bring you the smoothest and most efficient process possible.
What can you expect from me?
- A high level of knowledge about families living through/experiencing separation, divorce, remarriage
- An ability to communicate clearly about the intricacies of these transitions, honed over 25 years, to help you understand your current situation.
- Education about all your options each step of the way
- Coaching and therapeutic support in any area that may improve your experience and that of your children to get the best possible outcomes, including self calming techniques.
- Information about how other professionals can work with us to make a smooth and efficient process.
- Including other professionals from my network as is appropriate
- Careful and considered teamwork within pre-existing professional relationships
- Working toward a stable, well informed and efficient process no matter what the situation.
- Original publications and other resources to help you to learn new ideas and skills to help you along your way.
Integrated Divorce Services brings into focus the overlapping nature of divorce services and the informal relationships already developed between many service providers. By articulating the underlying principles that many of us already exemplify in our professional lives, Integrated Divorce Services supports the evolution of divorce services and the integration of our collective practices for the benefit of the public.